Wednesday, April 30, 2008

"I took my love down to violet hill"

Post #2

So I had heard a few days ago that Coldplay was going to release a new song for free via their website. This made me very excited. So yesterday morning at 7:30 I woke up and entered my info to get the free song. The way this works is they email you a link for the download that is active for six hours. So I’m waiting, waiting, waiting, and nothing! No email. Of course I think that there’s something wrong with my email so I try again with a different email address. Maybe I tried with three email addresses and got nothing.

I get home last night and have three emails waiting for me. It got in my inbox at 6:45 p.m, but in the email it said it had been sent around 9 a.m. None of the links works and again I’m so sad! I doing a little searching on the internet and find out that the website crashed and only 900 people got the download. 900 people in the whole world?! Ok, so this makes me want the song even more. I’m like that. I try again with one more email address (I have five) and two hours later got an email with a working link!!!

“Violet Hill” is pretty interesting. It’s a little dark, and a little more techy sounding (do things sound techy?) but still very Coldplay. You should check it out. It’s free, and I’m pretty sure the site’s working now. Besides, it’s been too long since we’ve had new Coldplay.

2 comments:

april. said...

wow, i didn't realize i was one of 900. how exciting. and yes, your picture is missing from my blog. just wait for the next entry...

rena said...

lol, 5?? you have about as many emails as I have blogs!! (I only have like 3 emails)