Thursday, July 17, 2008

Blogs & ChapStick

Since I promised to talk about a few things I’ll give a condensed version of two of them in one post. This American Life deserves its own post so I’ll leave that out for sure. I tried to start writing about the Olympics but it too needs its own post…(08.08.08)

-Blogs I stalk
Now, I definitely do read some people’s blogs that I’m acquainted with or who I’m “friends” with on facebook and who have listed their blog. They may or may not know I read them/keep up with their lives. But those aren’t the blogs I’m going to talk about :)

One of my new favorite blogs is called Sidewalk Shoes. I came across this blog when I was searching for a Giada De Laurentis recipe, roasted beets and goat cheese salad. Apparently the writer of Sidewalk Shoes had posted the recipe on her website. When I clicked the link I saw that it about her own attempt to cook this recipe, accompanied by a photo. This post was several years old, so when I clicked on the banner to take me to the most recent post I saw that her blog is dedicated to her adventures in cooking! Sometimes she uses recipes from books or the internet, but other times she simple varies a few ingredients in an old stand-by/favorite recipe. Even cooler was the fact that she is a part of a co-op of other bloggers who blog about their cooking adventures and sometimes includes links to their pages. She also seems to be part of her local CSA (community supported agriculture) and so is always trying to use up her weekly produce, even if at times she’s unfamiliar with them. She updates often and always includes the entire recipe and usually a photo! Very fun for anyone who wants to branch out in the kitchen or needs a little inspiration.


-Lip savior
I’m constantly looking for new & really good chap stick or lip gloss. I usually get a chance to sample a new one every other month or so because I’m awful at losing them (then I’ll find one in a purse or book bag I hadn’t used in a while). I think my fav. gloss is from Neutrogena, I do enjoy the mintiness of Burt’s Bees lip balm, but they do not compete to the healing powers of Carmex. Yes, it’s completely unsexy and even sort of smells like an old lady, but Lordy my lips feel like silk! I’m a believer! I’ve used the original pot, I’ve tried the tube version, but I was so excited to see that they have a regular chap stick version. They call it the Click Stick. I call it lip savior. They have mint, cherry and strawberry flavors, but I like the original. Put it on before bed and when you wake up you lips are still so soft and moisturized. I also love to put it on before I go to the gym—it can handle the huffing and puffing.

2 comments:

rena said...

the cherry one is great! i lost mine though :(

Simple Diva said...

thanks for the cooking blog!! I have been checking out 101cookbooks.com but I will add this one for sure!!

~love~