Tuesday, November 18, 2008

It's the little things

With only a few short weeks left in the semester and many holidays and festivities coming up I’m finding myself running out of time to get everything done. I’m hiding in Jones Library for the rest of the week, including Friday night. Actually, I think they close at like 6 on Friday but I’ll be somewhere else finishing up the work that has to get done before Saturday. Saturday will be my much needed break and I’ll head to ATX for Celita’s bachelorette party! I’m so excited for her and I can’t believe Her and Adrian’s wedding is around the corner.

Even though I’m sure the stress in my life will be here until January 1st it’s comforting to know there are a few things in my life to give me that pick me up. I share those things with you now.


Flannel sheets. It’s finally cold enough in Waco to pull these out again. There is nothing better than waking up and realizing how warm your bed is and deciding to give yourself an extra fifteen minutes or hour to continue to enjoy it.


TV- What would I do without my shows? I don’t have many that I’m following this season, but you better believe I make time for these.

I also Love Dirty Sexy Money but I feel like it's on every other week :(


One of my most favorite birthday gifts this year was this beautiful set of brushes. I feel like a true adult and I love playing with my make up even more. Was it possible? JES!


CHRISTMAS MUSIC! I love the holiday season so much and I feel like I start listening to holiday music earlier each year. I have multiple holiday playlists on iTunes (all holiday music, my all time favs, my new favs this year, new albums). I am always looking for original songs that artists come up with so if you know of any let me know. You should definitely check out two sites.

http://www.christmasforkenya.com/
God here and download a copy of Waco and Austin folks who have graciously used their talents to come up with this CD. You can either download it for free or you can donate a little cash. It is a fundraiser for the people from UBC who are traveling to Kenya this December to work and visit the kids at Simba Village, a school UBC has been working with for a few years. What a wonderful idea for a fundraiser!

The 12 Plays of Alt-Indie Christmas Songs

I came across this site on accident but they have created 12 playlists of holiday music from indie peeps. One of my favorite CDs is Sufjan Stevens’ Songs for Christmas and they have a lot of it thrown in on these mixes. I don’t love all of the songs, but there is definitely some good stuff here and it’s worth checking out.

Lastly, I’m very happy that my palate has decided to love and embrace Chai Tea! I love taking it with me to class or treating myself to a mug of it at night as I watch my shows. I haven’t tried the Chai Latte yet…I feel like that might be a bit much for now (and hello, if I need a starbucks fix I’m getting a pumpkin spice latte!) mmmmm, chai….

What are you favorites right now?

3 comments:

heather said...

Branch out to the Chai Latte. It's my fave. You know I won't steer you wrong!

Melissa-D said...

Holy Crud...you've got to try the chi latte - it's a must!!!

april. said...

i hate christmas and i have no favorites!! BUT...maybe i can bump into you and texas. that would make the season a little brighter for me. k peace. this was a fun post by the way!!