Monday, December 29, 2008

I now pronounce you husband & wife

The last of wedding weekend ’08 was very special! I have known Celita since we were four. We actually went to pre-school together. Her parents lived across the street from my grandparents (and her grandmother lived next door to my other grandparents!) We went to different elementary schools since we lived in different cities, but we met back up in 6th grade. By then her parents had moved to La Porte where we lived. We were both in orchestra through junior high and while we were friends, we became inseparable in high school. Adrian went to a different junior high but we knew him through orchestra events. By high school we were all friends, and so many of my high school memories include them both.

The summer after high school I was very busy and didn’t get to spend time with them. I remember when Celita called and told me that she and Adrian both liked each other in that way. It was perfect. Now, eight years later, they are married!

The wedding was special in so many ways. Celita looked amazing. All of our friends were there together, and Mimi and Mia flew in from California. Lorna and her baby bump and her husband Rob were in town from Dallas. My parents were there, and they have known and loved Adrian and Celita forever. I wasn’t a bridesmaid but I was still a part of the wedding because….I married them! They had asked me a few months ago and I was able to get licensed through my church. Talk about having the best seat in the house! I wasn’t nervous, but as soon as I got started and looked at both of them and saw the tears in their eyes I realized I needed to keep my eyes glued to my little notebook!

Congratulations Adrian and Celita!!!


Hanging out with the bride before the show got started.

Me doing my thing!

Dancing to Jack Johnson's Do You Remember
Mr. & Mrs. Adrian Washburn!












3 comments:

renabelle said...

super cute! :)

Albus Adventures said...

WOW!! How neat to officiate!! I love how sentimental this post is...your the same sweet Laura I remember!

Melissa-D said...

Very cool! I should have had you officiate my wedding! ; )