Monday, January 5, 2009

tweet, tweet.

Current obsession: birds

That’s not entirely true. I enjoy looking at birds and even listening to them. However, I fear walking under trees in case they drop something unfortunate on me (which has happened) And while real birds are pretty far away when I let my OCD kick in I realize how filthy and disease infested they are…

But that’s not the point of this post, because right now I am loving bird graphics and designs. I have been looking for cute bird jewelry for a while and finally found some I’ll be investing in (see below) One of my roommates has the cutest white bird wall hooks that she hangs her necklaces on. Jealous. I’ve been researching new bedding, and a few times comforters and pillows that have bird graphics on them have caught my eye. I’ve recently become aware of the website Etsy where people sell art and handcrafts. After searching for “birds” I found TONS of stuff I’m in love with. Click on each pic to be directed to it's Etsy page. Here are a few of my favs:



Aren't these sachets adorable? Sachets seem very ladylike to me. Last year in an effort to boost my ladylikeness I started buying more dresses (best idea ever and I'm going to continue this) But sachets are like for people who handwash their delicates, or take their clothes to the dry cleaners, or do more than just separate their laundry into whites, blacks, all other colors, and jeans/towels/linens and just always use cold water and dry everything on normal and hope for the best. (Note to self: Don't feel bad about your laundering skills, at least you use dryer sheets)



These are actually bean bags that the artist made to be played with but also said look cute as a decorative object. Paper weight maybe? I love the design and think they could even be made into sachets. I feel like in '09 I will be crafty. Sachets for everyone. Or if the filling is too much trouble then decorative bean bags. Hey, they're probably even therapeutic...you can toss and catch them in your hand. Yes, bird bean bags for everyone :)


Bird pillow #1 I love...


And bird pillow #2 I love. I'm on a hunt for new bedding and I'm pretty sure one cute bird pillow will find a place on my bed.



A cute wristlet. There are lots of bags, totes, and make up bags to look through.




I love this print, it would look fab framed. There are tons of amazing artists on Etsy selling prints of their work (and a few originals) Prints are a wonderful and inexpensive way to build up your art collection. I'm about to start doing this. Most of the artists number each print and you can definitely find some for $20 or less. Even a smaller print like a 4"x6" or 5"x7" can have a lot of presence if it's framed and matted.


Another gorgeous watercolor print. I'm also really into watercolors right now...



A beautifully quilted wall hanging featuring the fruits of the Spirit. Click on the link and enlarge it to really see the amazing detail. Did you know that on my 21st birthday I went to the quilt convention in Houston? True story. I made my whole family go and they thought I was crazy.



I love how charming this necklace is. It comes in blue, green, and red, but I feel like blue just screams France (oui, oui?)



The most dainty bird necklace that includes two of my other favs, gold and purple! This is a must own.

Alright, there are no birds on these earrings, but I'll need them to go with the necklace, right?

2 comments:

renabelle said...

I love Etsy! I got your cosmetic bags there and our ring bearer pillow and my garters! I love it! I love that I was on your blog too!

Simple Diva said...

really darling, i miss you and these type of chats!!