Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Hair Diaries

I’m in Houston right now and it has been a pretty good stay so far. I am looking forward to making the move here after I’m finished with school. My friends here are just wonderful, and there are lots of exciting things going on in their lives right now that I will be able to share with them. It’s great to be near family too :)

Now, part of the reason I haven’t blogged in a while is because my dinosaur laptop has been dying more often than usual. However, I was recently gifted with a new laptop! Totally a surprise and I didn’t even ask for it. My dad heard a sale was going on and decided to snag one for me. I’m having fun with it so far! However, it refuses to connect to our home wireless internet for some reason. Sad. Hopefully we’ll figure out why soon.

Since I’m in Houston my beauty routine has to change quite a bit. I think everyone knows that the humidity down here is OOC, and it hasn’t been too bad or consistent yet. My hair has decided to change texture once again. Sometimes it will be really curly, or straight, mostly always thin with a 24-hour expiration before it becomes full on greasy. All of a sudden my hair is feeling very thick. I have spent big bucks on volumizing shampoos and sprays and it’s never been like this. I’m not sure what the situation is. I’m not complaining though! Long and thick hair is ok, long and stringy? No. Which is usually why I give up on growing it out and hack it all off.

I usually always have some sort of serum in my cabinets. When I have short hair I use it because I tend to put lots of other styling products in. On those few super humid days in Waco I bust it out to control the frizz. I love Aveda’s Light Elements Smoothing Fluid, but at $24 it hurts to buy it. However, serums seem to last forever. I think I had it for at least two years. When I needed to replace it I was unable to find and Aveda nearby and settled with Biolage Smoothing Serum. I wasn’t crazy with it all, but again, had it for two years. I recently bought Garnier Fructis Brilliantine Shine and I am loving it. #1, so cheap! I think it was less than $5. #2, it’s not nearly as greasy as other serums. Definitely recommend it.

I also am trying Herbal Essence Hello Hydration shampoo and conditioner. My hair has felt a little dry (I’m not sure if it’s dry or thick feeling, I’m confused). It doesn’t make my hair feel heavy or over conditioned. It has a coconut scent so it’s great for ushering in summer!

2 comments:

rena said...

i will be purchasing the garnier fructis when i return. thanks for the tip!

jaclynrscott said...

You sold me on the Herbal Essence! My shampoo was running out and I was looking for a new one...I LOVE it! Thanks ma'am!