Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Free online episodes are amazing

I'm currently watching the series Twin Peaks online. You can watch it for free on the CBS website. Twin Peaks came out in 1990, so I would have been nine years old, and I only remember thinking that it was a scary show (I never watched it, I just assumed). I also have this one scene in my mind of the father throwing himself on the coffin of Laura Palmer. Maybe they showed that during the commercials or something. Those are the two things I associate with Twin Peaks

The show is so weird. It's a murder mystery with dark humor, and it has a large ensemble where every character is very distinct and none are devoid of quirks. I really can't compare it to any other shows. I think that's what makes it fun to watch.

It's only two seasons long, but it looks like the second season has about 20 episodes.

It's summer and there aren't a lot of shows to watch (I'm only watching So You Think You Can Dance and Top Chef Masters, and they both come on on Wednesday), so this is great to pass the time and hey, it's a cult classic and I can understand why.
Twin Peaks: What's with the birds?
Agent Cooper = Trey MacDoogle from Sex and the City. He's great in Twin Peaks and loves donuts and is in constant search of the perfect cup of black coffee.
Laura Palmer...She's sketchy. And dead.


1 comment:

Gabrielle said...

LOVE twin peaks!