Tuesday, June 23, 2009

The sky is falling

The other morning I was on my way to school, going through my set of rituals that take place during that 13-8 min drive (depending on whether my car has wings that day, aka I'm frantically late): listening to the news on NPR as it cuts in and out until I reach 5th Street; Getting stuck at the lights at 25th, 17th, Waco Dr., Washington, and I-35; Gathering small bits of trash from the middle console or from my purse so I can throw them away at school; Applying some lip gloss...

I'm sitting at the light on 5th and Waco Dr. when suddenly something hits my face. It doesn't hurt. I can't tell what happened. Did something fall from the roof of my car and land on my head? I look up and see nothing. I look down in my lap and see no foreign object--wait. What is that dark circle? It looks like the lens to some sunglasses.

I touch my face and sure enough there is no lens. It just popped right out. I took my sunglasses off to see if I could push it back in, and then I noticed the frame had actually cracked.

Please note that as I'm trying to figure what touched my head and I'm looking around the car I don't seem to notice that there's suddenly 50% more light.

So sad. We had some good times, those sunglasses and me. We went to Turkey together!
R.I.P to yet another pair of sunglasses...

Perhaps there's still hope that I can work these...

Are pirates in style?

2 comments:

rena said...

lol you are ridiculousl

Kelley at My Island Wedding said...

pirates never go out of style... ask my 2 year old boy what he wants to be when he grows up...

"a pirate, Argh!"