Friday, July 10, 2009

Away We Go

Last night a few of us went to see Away We Go. It was supposed to be a girls night, but Adrian's movie--Bruno--didn't actually start until today and he was very sad. He reluctantly watched this "chick flick" with us. I heard him a laugh a few times during the movie so I think it's safe to say that guys can appreciate this indie film.

I will say this: Opening scene was OOC and I love that I saw this with Amber and Celita because we just squealed and laughed the whole time without reservation.

I felt like it was a little slow in the beginning, and I attribute this to myself because I just couldn't figure out if I liked Maya Rudolph's acting. Once I warmed up to her I was able to enjoy the movie. There are some really great one-liners, and Allison Janney and Maggie Gyllenhaal are really jewels to this film! I could not stop laughing when they were on screen. While it's pretty light-hearted, the movie does take a serious turn toward the end, and I really appreciated that both situations share with us the man's perspective. We forget that those little fellas have feelings too!

Overall, a sweet little summer film.

No comments: