Thursday, July 9, 2009

Heathy Food Awards

I received an email from Fitness mag today that included a list of their picks for 2009's healthiest foods in the grocery store. Now, Some of these I completely agree with:

Best Veggie Burger
MorningStar Farms Spicy Black Bean Burger
(Absolutely delicious. I completely shun Boca Burgers. The Asian Veggie patties are good too. Pretty much everything MorningStar is good.)

Best Granola Bar
Kashi TLC Trail Mix
(While I love Fiber One Chocolate and Oats bars and their 9 grams of fiber, they do get a little sweet. These Kashi bars are so good and filling, and have lots of protein!)

Best Frozen Veggie Dinner
Amy's Vegetable Lasagna
(omg. You must try this. This is the absolute best lasagna.)


Now there were a few items that made the list that I have not tried, but I'll definitely be on the lookout for.
Best Muffin
Fiber One Apple Cinnamon Bun
(Hello! I love all things Fiber One! Why have I not seen these?)

Best Frozen Meal in a Bag
Bertolli Mediterranean Style Shrimp & Penne Primavera
(This looks like it would be a good quick-fix meal, maybe with some salad)

Best Sports Drink
Luna Sport Electrolyte Splash Lime-ade
(I'm about to start training for some runs and I feel as though I will be sampling many sports drinks. I'll try this one first)

Best 100-Calorie Pack
Mister Salty Milk Chocolate Covered Pretzels
(Don't these look so good? Every once in a while I get a massive chocolate craving. I bet these would do the trick)


4 comments:

rena said...

so kashi bars - was eating them during training for breakfast - excellent (not those exact ones but still), the muffins look delish, i love anything amy's (they actually sell that here!), i do love boca chicken burgers, but i hear morning star is better (but REALLY $$$ here), also the energy drink? yes please, i'm sure it's prob 20x healthier than the gatorade i drink.

checking out the rest, i wish they would sell them all here!

Meredith said...

I've tried the fiber one muffin mix. VERY good. highly recommend. but haven't tried the ready-made version. I'm sure just as good.

l.borrego said...

I've made the Fiber One muffins too and liked them. The pop tarts? Good, but not so much fiber and super sweet. That was too much sugar that early in the morning. I'm trying to find the loaf bread...

Meredith said...

oh yeah, for sure. the fiberone pop tarts are good, but i don't feel any healthier and think i'd rather just eat a real pop tart than a "fiber" fake version :)