Monday, July 27, 2009

"It's not just songs about getting drunk and leaving your girl." ~Kenny Chesney*

Sirena mentioned her love for listening to country music in the summer. I, too, loved me some country music back in 5th grade. I even had a country-themed birthday party that year, complete with homemade handkerchief goodie bags. I have a special place in my heart for old Garth Brooks, Alan Jackson, Alabama and Reba. Lori Morgan's song "Something in Blue" was one of my faves, as was "The Night the Lights Went Out in Georgia." So funny.

I don't keep up with mainstream country much these days, but I do enjoy alternative country and often come across musicians on eMusic. Here's my version of a country music playlist:

1. Wantin’ Her Again Ben Kweller
2. Old Love Letters Brothers and Sisters
3. Flame Buxton
4. She’ll Come Back to Me Cake
5. Came Into This Town Josh Huck
6. Epistemology M. Ward
7. I Have Laid in the Darkness of Doubt Mazes
8. You Belong to My Heart The Old ‘97s
9. Not Alone Patty Griffin
10. Sing to Me She Swings, She Sways
11. Travis Fights the Bear Stories from the Frontier
12. Honey Won’t You Let Me In The Tallest Man on Earth

*Is that not a hilarious quote?

3 comments:

rena said...

i do love me some cake and patty griffin :)

Laura said...

I'm with you on the patty griffin!

l.borrego said...

Laura, you're to one who introduced Patty to me! I only have 3 songs, but I love them all. Thank you :)