- The plant is run by 63 employees
- They only bottle one beer at a time
- Shiner Blond was the original brew
- Shiner Bock was favored during the Lenten season; it kept people full while they were fasting during the day!
- Shiner is certified kosher
- Shiner survived the Prohibition Era
- It's the oldest surviving brewery in Texas
Though it's a small brewery and a bit out of the way, clearly there is love for Shiner and people are making their way there. I asked if it was so busy because it was a Friday, but they woman doling out the samples said that it has been packed every day from the time they open until the time they close. She attributes this to the fact that this is the centennial anniversary and that they are being featured in many different publications. If you find you way traveling along I-10 and are up for a detour, head south and pay a visit to "the little brewery in Shiner."
***HAPPY ANNIVERSARY SHINER!***