Saturday, August 29, 2009

20 Questions

While searching for “getting to know you questions" on Google I came across a page titled, “Getting to Know You Questions” on the Oprah website. I mean, it doesn’t get more legit than Oprah. Feel free to answer any or all of these questions on your blog, or even leave the answers to a favorite question here in the comments section. I want to know about you too!

Getting to Know You Questions
Use these questions to spark conversations at the dinner table with your friends and family. You can even put them on little paper cards and have people pick them out of a basket—so it's completely random!

· Who was your favorite celebrity as a child?
Joey McIntyre. I was such a huge New Kids on the Block fan and just thought he was perfect. I would dream about how we would one day casually meet and I would be super cool and fun, not at all a crazed fan, and he would fall in love with me. He’d go on tour, but we’d talk every day. Yes, I was 6-10 years old having this fantasy.

· What type of pets do you have?
I love a miniature daschund named Comet that is technically my brother’s. He is the absolute best cuddle buddy ever, and I sing him a song that goes, “He’s the sleepiest daschundddddddddd in all. the. world.”

· What is your favorite color?
I really don’t have one, but I love anything that sparkles or shines.

· What is most memorable about your high school years?
Never, ever having in gas in my car and scrounging up spare change to get at least a dollars worth of gas to get wherever I was going!

· What word describes you best?
Effervescent. A professor told me this one and I was taken aback, but it is the absolute best compliment I’ve ever received. Who says stuff like that? I hope I come across that way to others.

· What is your greatest accomplishment?
Finding a good balance between health & fitness and indulgence. I’m still getting there...

· What drives you every day?
The opportunity to learn or experience something I hadn’t known the day before.

· What is your favorite food?
California rolls with super hot wasabi in my soy! I could eat it every day!

· Where do you want to retire?
Maybe I’ll finally want to live out in the countryside on a decent amount of land. Some place to take long walks, garden, see stars.

· What is your business goal this year?
Get my teaching certification!

· Where do you like to vacation?
Any place with good site seeing, that’s historic, that has a unique activity to experience. I’m all about having some downtime during vacays, but I also hate feeling like I didn’t get to really experience or come to know that particular community.

· Who do you admire?
My mother. She was young mom, but was able to finish college. She took Girl Scout cookies with her to school to help me be the top seller in my troop (418 boxes!). She’s incredibly giving, instilled in me a desire to help others, knows a song for everything, and is an incredibly hard worker.

· What is your mission?
Love God, embrace beauty, and live life to the fullest.

· If you were invisible, where would you go?
I think I’d spend the day peaking in on people. Complete strangers. Get a glimpse of their lives for 30 mins. or so and then move on to the next person of interest.

· What traits in others are you attracted to?
Warm and kind, confident, passionate about one particular thing (at least), generous, sense of humor, always the gentleman—to both me and others. I just realized I interpreted "others" as men. Clearly I am on the prowl.

· What is the kindest thing anyone has done for you?
My friend’s mother sent me money specifically to buy a pair of glasses with. I was a bit overwhelmed by her generosity and the fact that it came with such explicit instructions to be proactive about my poor vision. I love my glasses and I always think of her kindness and intentionality each time I put them on and see things more clearly.

· How do you want to be remembered?
I come from a family of good storytellers...I’d like to leave behind a few tales for folks to share with others.

· What would you do with a million dollars?
Pay off all debt, pay off immediate family’s debt, buy a modest house in my dream neighborhood, indulge in some exquisite chocolate truffles, and travel, travel, travel!

· If you were on an island, who would you want to be with? Why?
Oh, who’s that guy on that show Man vs. Wild? Bear Grylls! Yes please! I’ve only seen that show once but I have no doubt that hunter/gather could keep us safe, fed, and housed…and he’s not too shabby on the eyes either!

· You have a 10 minute speech to give at a high school, what is it about?
“It takes courage to grow up and become who you really are.” e. e. cummings. If you’re not happy with something in your life, know that you have the power to change it. Set goals and do something every day to get a step closer to accomplishing them. Never doubt for a minute how fully capable you are.

2 comments:

rena said...

Now, that is a real survey! I will be participating - obvs.

Joey McIntyre? Loves it. Also, you ARE effervescent and you DO tell good stories.
xoxo

Laura said...

Friend- I'm not so sure you could just stay 30 minutes if the story got interesting... and you are a GREAT storyteller! I love reading/listening to your stories! Personally I think you could write a bestseller someday!