Saturday, August 8, 2009

Comfort Food

I love soup. Always have. I can eat soup every single day and not get tired of it. I was always a little hesitant of tomato soup though. I'm not exactly sure why, perhaps it's because it's not something I grew up, and somewhere along the way developed some misconceived ideas about what it really tasted like. In my head: watery and bland.

Over a year ago I came across Pacific Natural Foods Creamy Soups. I was most excited to try the Butternut Squash, but to be honest that ended up being my least favorite. My #1 is the Roasted Red Pepper and Tomato followed closely by... Creamy Tomato! These soups are so tasty and--despite being pureed smoother than silk--really fill you up.



Roasted Red Pepper and Tomato (serving size 1 cup)
Cal: 110
Fat: 2
Carbs: 16
Protein: 5
Organic Tomato (serving size 1 cup)
Cal: 100
Fat: 2
Carbs: 16
Fiber: 1
Protein: 5
PS: I generally always eat 2 cups of soup as my meal. The only time I ration and eat 1 cup is when I'm pairing it with a little salad or maybe a half sandwich.

No comments: