Saturday, August 15, 2009

Funny People


Tonight we went and saw Adam Sandler's new movie Funny People. I really enjoy Adam Sandler's more serious movie roles (Punch Drunk Love, Reign Over Me) and I think he delivers in this one again. I never warmed up to Seth Rogen...he seemed uncomfortable and awkward, which his character is supposed to be, but it almost came across like he was in over his head acting next to Sandler. However, the rest of the cast is amazing. I love Leslie Mann (from Knocked Up) and beautiful Eric Bana is in this movie too. Jason Schwartzman is ridiculous as always...ridiculously cute! And while I don't know much about Jonah Hill, I liked him in Superbad and Knocked Up, and I like him in this too.
.
A lot of the critics are giving it good ratings and saying it's surprisingly a "real" movie, which I guess means it's not just stupid jokes about male genitalia. But don't worry, there's plenty of jokes about that too. Why do guys think that's funny? They're so weird.
.
We also decided to see the film at Star Cinema Grill in Clear Lake. We had never been there before, and it was really good. We all loved our food (I had a turkey burger with Texas toothpicks), though I realized it's difficult for me to eat a meal and watch a movie. I'm horrible at multi-tasking. Next time I may just get something like a fun drink or even indulge in a yummy dessert!

No comments: