Friday, September 25, 2009

Kanye better not steal my thunder


Wow, this is such a surprise. I wasn’t expecting to ever get a Kreativ Blogger Award, but I’m truly honored. I have to thank Sirena over at On an Island in the Sun for giving me this award. Crazy, I’m so ready for you to ditch Bahrain for a few months for the great state of Texas!

OK, so apparently there are some contingencies with this award:
1. Thank the person who nominated you for this award

2. Copy the logo and place it on your blog.

3. Link to the person who nominated you for this award.

4. Name 7 things about yourself that people might not know.

5. Nominate 7 Kreativ Bloggers.

6. Post links to the 7 blogs you nominate.

7. Leave a comment on each of the blogs letting them know they have been nominated.

So 7 things about me…
1. I’m a creature of habit, especially when it comes to breakfast. I will eat the same thing every day for months before I switch it up. Currently I’m obsessed with Oroweat Double Fiber English Muffins (toasted on a George Foreman!) with Peter Pan Reduced Fat Crunchy Peanut Butter and a drizzle of local honey. I also eat this as a snack before a long run or session at the gym—so good and doesn’t upset the tum-tum!
.....a. Did I just say tum-tum?

2. When I was in Turkey I ate the same thing every morning as well—and I lucked out that these favorites were always available at every hotel we stayed at: Two slices of bread with green fig jam and a few assorted olives. Why olives? Because they were available and I loooooove olives and it was great way to end my sweet breakfast with something salty!
.....a. The coffee served at breakfast is not the infamous Turkish Coffee, but Nescafe. Gag me/talk about an unexpected caffeine withdrawal on top of jetlag.
.....b. PTL I packed a few packets of Tazo Chai tea, though I ended up having to ration my stash.

3. I share my birthday with the Mexican holiday Dia de los Muertos and enjoy absolutely everything about that holiday—The colors, the paper flowers, the personalized skeletons, the remembrance of loved ones in such a fun and festive way. Check out this picture from a photo shoot inspired from this holiday:


4. For some reason I have always fostered ill feelings towards flan, even though I have never tried it. I am currently obsessed with learning how to make the perfect flan in hopes of forging a new respect for it, and I think this recipe might do the trick!

5. I don’t think I’ve ever mentioned how much I enjoy LOST, even though half the time I have no idea what is going on. Don’t even try to make me understand time travel and how my past can be your future, etc. Also, I have to make myself stay away from this site because I end up spending hours reading about characters and trying to come up with connections/theories. Will they bring back Charlie? What happened to Claire? How are there two Locke’s? Is Ben a good guy or bad guy? Who’s excited about Season 6????

6. I take no less than three bubble baths a week. Sometimes I read magazines in there, sometimes I’ll listen to music, but mostly I just sit there quietly and move the bubbles around and listen to the water drip-drip-drip from the faucet. Avon has the best product in terms of bubble volume/density, and it’s cheap so I don’t feel bad using twice the suggested amount!

7. I’m not afraid to cut my own bangs, I’ve been doing it for years. When I was in elementary school I decided to cut my bangs and messed up. I cut them at the length I wanted them while they were wet, so once they dried they were short. Really short. Above my eyebrows. (These short bangs are semi-in style now/wouldn’t be so strange looking, but we’re talking about the late 80s when big bangs ruled) To remedy my mistake I simply raised my eyebrows so that the vast empty space between them and my bangs was lessened. It was like a long-lasting look of surprise. My mother questioned how long I could last with such an expression, and I told her forever. After about 25 mins. I had a horrible headache and had to embrace my baby doll bangs.
.
So 7 folks I think are pretty creative and whose blogs I enjoy keeping up with...and therefore am passing this award onto are:
.
Lindsay @ Lindsay's Kitchen, she makes some pretty yummy looking treats
Laura @ Walk You Home, she introduced me to torn art and is now into quilting!
Jackie @ Our Scott Spot, gearing up for baby #2 and getting his new diggs ready!
Elisabeth @ Here is my new disposition, help her find her bagel match
April @ and shall it be said that my eve was in truth my dawn, she wins for longest blog title. She's also a great writer.
Meredith @ windows down, she can make a mean mixed CD
Sarah @ Serendipty Sarah, I love her posts on her home updates. She has such great style!

5 comments:

rena said...

bubble baths are underrated - i need to get back in the habit

Jackie said...

Woo-Hoo, I made the cut!! Now I will spend the next few days pondering over 7 interesting facts about myself, before I can post my award speech on the blog.

Sarah Beth said...

thanks for the mention, you're so sweet! You'll have to actually come over sometime :)

Lindsay said...

Thanks Laura!!

Laura said...

aww, thanks friend! :) Way to go on your award!