Thursday, September 24, 2009

Mileage Counter

I've been looking for a way to show my weekly mileage on my blog. I use Map My Run regularly, but sadly I can't figure out if there is a way to create a small mileage chart from their site. After looking at some of the running blogs I read regularly I decided on Breaking The Tape. It lets you easily enter your mileage and then sends it right on over to your blog (see it over there on the left column?) My lifetime mileage looks a little sad but I'll just have to not be OCD about it. I started using Map My Run back in April--and only consistently started using it in August--so I just entered in the miles that I had logged there.

I actually like the ease of entering info into BTT over MMR, but I do actually map my run on MMR. For now, I'm entering my info into both sites.

See, yet another reason why I need a Garmin. Less mapping, more running.

Also, I was able to go for a run at 11:45 am this morning! How? Because Houston received a tiny cold front. 73 degrees out there, didn't even mind that it was humid. Le sigh...there really is an autumn.

2 comments:

rena said...

crazy - i gave you an award on my blog.

Melissa-D said...

Um, this is the coolest thing ever, and I just might have to steal it for my blog! : )