Friday, September 11, 2009

Plum colored lips

Rich plum-colored lips seem to be in this fall, but think more punchy purple than vampy goth. Maybelline has a useful shade finder online, from pinks to naturals to plums. I entered my info and jotted a few of its suggestion down in my BB so that the next time I’m at the grocery purchasing necessities I can maybe snag a new lipstick too!

So how do you wear such a bright color? I did some research and found that nude lids, clean-lined eyes and a light bright pink blush on the apples of your cheeks is all you need. For the lips, apply the color and blot. I had a pinky-plum lipstick on hand that I experimented with. Here’s what I used:

Revlon ColorStay Eye Shadow Quad in Coffee in Coffee Bean

Calvin Klein Flush With Desire Velvet Blush in Attraction

Loreal HIP Color Truth Cream Eyeliner in Black

Maybelline Define-A-Lash® Volume Washable Mascara in Very Black

Laura Mercier Lip Colour – Shimmer in Plum Wine
And the results:

Love the look, but I’ll definitely be looking for a darker/more purple lip color.

2 comments:

Laura said...

You are a makeup artist! :) You look beautiful!

Crystal @ Plush Palate said...

Thanks for the tip on the shade finder...will go check it out!

xo