Wednesday, September 23, 2009

The Sullivans

I cannot get the Sullivans out of my mind/heart. Amazed by their love story and their perseverance. Heartbroken for baby Chloe, but am confident she will be so proud of her mother's legacy.

You can read about their story here. It seems from the earliest posts that Sara found out she had breast cancer, and around the same time found out she was pregnant. Her husband Brady is an amazing writer and took the time to chronicle their journey these past 7 months.

Their baby Chloe was born on Sept. 8, 2009. Sara was able to spend 9 wonderful days before a series of seizures forced her into semi-comatose state. Sara passed away on Tuesday, Sept. 22.

Please keep Brady in thoughts. He is mourning the loss of his best friend, while celebrating the joys of being a new dad. And also baby Chloe--her mother fought with everything she had to ensure her daughter would be born healthy and strong.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for posting this, I left the anonymous comment the other day.. i was just trying to spread the word. They are a wonderful family, I went to Deer Park High School with Sara.. it's just tragic.
thank you for writing this about them.
God Bless.
SKC

elisabeth said...

Laura, do you know them? I just read the blog and bawled my eyes out. My prayers are with the family right now, as sad as it all is, it sounds like she had beautiful wonderful people around her and that warmed my heart.

l.borrego said...

I actually did not know them, but she went to high school right down the road from mine and therefore I've since found out that we knew mutal people. My mother actually works in that school district and they have been circulating email updates about her for a while, and then I became aware of the website when someone left it in the comment section here. The next day facebook was exploding with people from this area sharing the link.

But you're right. Their faith is incredible, and their friends and family were beyond generous/supportive/loving. It's equally heartbreaking and inspiring.