Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Who comes up with these names?


Wouldn't you love to be part of OPI's creative team that gets to come up with the names of their nail colors?  How do they do it?  Two words: happy hour.

My #1 go-to nail color is OPI's Skinny Dip'n in Lake Michigan. I've used it for years. It's the perfect neutral and has the finest bits of shimmer in it. A manicure using a neutral color seems to last much longer than a bold color, simply because it’s more forgiving when the polish chips.

I always turn to this polish when attending nicer events, going to a job interview or for weekends that require lots of costume changes because it matches every outfit. If you feel like your hands look too naked with a neutral slip on a chunky ring or bracelet.

4 comments:

Laura said...

Friend- I really feel like you should write a fashion/accesory article for a prominant fashion magazine. Maybe you could start with the local newspaper and work your way up. Your writing is just totally that style and I think you would gain a fan base quickly. Maybe you should look into this while you are getting your alternative certification as a sort of creative outlet that would pay! :) Just an idea- I have thought this in regards to several of your posts/since I knew you in college!

On another note, I think that your nicknames were amusing and although you are right, I do prefer just Creigton, I was glad to see that you did NOT include CJ. I really don't want that nickname used! Your names were much more flattering and creative, so if you called him one of those I might be able to handle it. :)

I hope we can all get together some weekend when Rena is back before Creighton arrives!

Lindsay said...

I love that color!! I always look for it when I go get a manicure. I need to own it!

rena said...

I will invest. OPI will take most of my spending money when I go home I'm pretty sure.

elisabeth said...

I think you may be on to something.... Happy Hour would be a great name for a nail color! ;-) You are gifted, my friend!