Monday, September 14, 2009

The skinny jeans test

Do you remember that episode of Sex and the City when Miranda discovers she can fit into her skinny jeans? Jeans she's kept in her closet since 1985?!

Miranda: This is a miracle, I am in my skinny jeans. I haven’t fit into these since 1985, and that is only because I had mono.
Charlotte: How'd you do it?
Miranda: Well, I got pregnant, became a single mother, and stopped having any time to eat.
Samantha: Oh, that's a diet I won't be trying.

Loves it. However, don't we all have a pair of skinny jeans that either keep us accountable or that are our "goal" jeans that we slip on every once in a while? For me, it's a pair of jeans from Old Navy. Not only are they one of my most favorite pair of jeans ever, but they truly live up to their name.

I own these in the color Rinse, which is a fairly dark color. They are a great skinny jean without being completely stuck to your calves. The look great with flat or heels, with a t-shit or a blouse. I love the cut of these jeans so much that I own them in white as well. But really, it's the Rinse version I'm here to talk about. I feel as though there is ZERO stretch in these bad boys. Maybe there's a little, but honestly, there's not much. The white jeans definitely have stretch in them and after a few hours of wear become a bit loose. Not the Rinse jeans though. You can wear them for days hoping to stretch them out, but it will be of no use. What you see is what you get. You either fit comfortably in them or you don't.

Now, I have to say that even though I have a love/hate relationship with these jeans they keep it real with me. I appreciate them for that. More than what the number is on the scale that day, these jeans are how I know that spin class was a good choice to add for the week or if I'm paying for last weekend's festivities.
.
I love them so much I'm going to snag another pair or two. They're not expensive and I must boast that I've had my pair since January and they are still in great condition and haven't faded!

3 comments:

rena said...

1. why were yous till up writing this at 230am?
2. thank you for this post, i like my skinnys but don't LOVE them, mainly because of the stretch, and I want a pair that actually FITS properly. This also means I need to buy 2 pairs of jeans when I come home and not 1. Oh well.

l.borrego said...

Sheavon had on a super cute pair from Express. They were Zeldas, but I'm not sure which ones. I'm going to go check those out too.

http://www.express.com/catalog/thumbnail.jsp?parentCategoryId=2&categoryId=24&subCategoryId=130

l.borrego said...

Also, these are the jeans that I had to use Laura Bundy's pregnancy trick on: the whole loop a ponytail holder through the loop hole to give you a bit more room??? hahaha, I definitely did it and it worked! I'm glad to say that I don't need it right now though!