Tuesday, September 8, 2009

You've got mail

A few weeks ago I heard via the blogworld that someone was putting together a postcard project, where you could send a postcard, either handmade or store bought, to someone else who was participating. I thought this was such a fun idea and quickly joined The Benevolent Postcard Society. Well, yesterday I received my first postcard from Elina in Finland!



It really was fun to pull out a random postcard out of the mailbox and see who and where it was from. Well, I had been trying to figure out what to do for my postcard...to make or buy? I tried to find one, but of course when you go looking for something specific you can never find it, ie., a postcard. Where do you buy postcards? I bet you in 12 months when this is over I'll find them everywhere. Well, I opted to make mine...

I decided that the postcards I send will be centered around things are reflective of me. So...I love daschunds! Mine goes in the mail tomorrow and will head north to Ottawa, Canada. The project lasts one year so I should be getting/sending 11 more postcards. I'll be sure to show them off here each month!

4 comments:

elisabeth said...

soo cute! i love them too!

rena said...

that is so freakin' cute! And such a neat idea! I think maybe try convenient stores? They usually have them, also Walmart, for if you get tired of drawing Comet, which you won't, so...

Melissa-D said...

How cool is that! I wannna join!!

nookie said...

cool project!I'm in an similar one,but I sent only 2:)