Friday, October 9, 2009

Baby, it's cold outside!

It’s 61 degrees!!!!!!!!

I think all of Houston has been on pins and needles this week to see if the rumors were true: a cold front?!?!?! A few days ago it was 100 degrees, and tonight it’s 61!. Around 10:30 this morning I was getting ready when the lights started flickering. At first I thought, oh great, someone forgot to pay the electric. I checked to see if it was raining since I hadn’t heard thunder. As I was looked out the window I saw a clear view in front of me, and a split second later the skies just opened and dumped rain on us! It was the craziest thing. Then a moment later the rain went from flowing straight down to flying sideways. It was so windy. This lasted about 20 minutes and then settled into a constant rain flow. It’s been like this for 10 hours and the temps just keep dropping. Cold autumn weather for a few days!

I’ve been browsing a lot of beauty blogs this week (why have I been ignoring them???), and on Temptalia they have a weekly survey. Here are their Q's and my A's:

What was the last eyeshadow you bought?
Maybelline Stylish Smokes in Natural Smokes (love it! have it in Velvet Crush too)














What was the last eyeshadow you wore?
Amaretto by Laura Mercier (the brown color)







What was the last eyeshadow you finished?
Tempting by MAC













And I've decided to mention which This American Life podcast I listen to during a long run/workout (those that last at least an hour)


Daily Training
XT: Elliptical
TAL: The Book That Changed Your Life
Run: 1 mi

2 comments:

Tri.Bull.Butter. said...

61 degrees!! You're lucky! It's now upper 40s/low 50s in Dallas :(

l.borrego said...

But you Dallas folks at least have enjoyed nearly a week of cooler temps, even if it is a bit more on the chilly side! We got teased with one day! Back to the upper 80s for us again this week. Oh, Houston...