Thursday, October 1, 2009

I have a Valentine's date: the Austin Half Marathon ♥ ♥ ♥



I'm officially signed up for the Austin Half Marathon!  I'm so excited.  Not only do I love Austin (and escape there as often as possible), but this is one of the greenest races in the nation, and I love earth.  The race will take place 24 days after the Houston Half, but I feel pretty confident that I'll have the miles in me to finish strong (this will be one of my mantras: You have the miles in you).  Coming right on the heels of the Houston Half I'll be interested in comparing not only finish times/splits, but also the events and courses.

This race has not filled up yet so there is still time to register if you're interested!

One more 5K on Saturday before the serious half marathon training begins.  I'm going to savor those 3.1 miles...

2 comments:

Melissa-D said...

Awesome!!! We were going to do this one last year, but it ended up not working out. Hmmm...maybe this year!?

l.borrego said...

On the facebook group they posted a picture of the swag the participants are getting...a backpack!!!!