Friday, November 27, 2009

Black Friday

This year I opted to sleep in on Black Friday.  I've been known to be one of the crazies out there at 4 a.m. to get something.  Last night we popped into Wal-Mart for a few things around 8 p.m, and people were already sitting in line for things.  The sale didn't start until 5 a.m.!  Ridiculous!  I noticed last year that around 9 a.m. the first round of early shoppers have gone home and it's the perfect time to go out to the stores.  I went to Sports Authority to check out what they had.  I have been wanting a pair of leggings to run in and after yesterday's cold morning I was very motivated to go out and find some!  For someone who is 5'3", ankle-length leggings are a challenge (Um, if you know of any athletic apparel for petites, let me know!)  I usually have about 8 inches bunched up around my ankles (which is why I just opt for cropped tights).  After trying on lots of Nike Women's tights to no avail, I took my chances and ventured into the boys section where I found a pair of XL Boys Under Armour Leggings--on sale!


I won't lie, they're a little tight.  I think a Boys XL is equal to a Womens Small, but they fit the best out of all the pants.  They rise a bit above the ankle, but aren't as short as my cropped tights.  And for $29.99, I said, "SOLD!" 

I debated between buying gloves or a cap, neither of which I regularly use but feel like I would use.  I found some great Nike Women's gloves for $20, but the thought of my hands being covered up gave me an instant hot flash.  Besides, I usually don't run with a jacket with pockets so I'd have no place to stash them if I got tired of them.  I went with a cap instead.  I really want sunglasses, but I sweat a lot and touch my face when I run, and I feel like the glasses might be a situation.  So cutie white cap it is!




I'm officially done with my Sports Authority gift card, and I feel like I made good use of my little money!  I know the Fuel Belt will be a life saver come April when it's hot again.  OMG, I was miserable running this summer.  I don't know why I waited so long to buy it.

We went to the mall but I really didn't see anything great.  I popped into Bath and Body Works and am intrigued by the Black Amethyst and Twilight Woods perfumes, and the Twilight Woods candle smells very woodsy--I liked it!  I haven't been into a Bath & Body Works in years!  That store was a hot mess though so I had to leave. 

"A sophisticated blend of Italian bergamot and rare camellias with exotic sandalwood and a surprising twist of vetiver"


"Blended apricot nectar, mimosa petals, and Tuscan cypress create this hypnotic fragrance inspired by a romantic walk in enchanted woods"


No comments: