Sunday, November 8, 2009

Saag Paneer & Perfume

I may have a hard time staying up late these days, but waking up early is no problem!

Last night I went out to celebrate my birthday with some friends. We went to Shiva’s for some yummy Indian food. Last year for my birthday we had Indian food too, so it must be a tradition now. Only a few of my friends had ever had Indian before, and for the rest it was an adventure. I’m glad everyone loved their meal. It was so good to spend time together and laugh. After dinner we stopped by the Ginger Man for a quick beverage, but we started losing people pretty quickly. It’s hard to keep the party going if everyone’s been up since 7 a.m. It was a great night though!

This morning I woke up bright and early and went on my long run. I already knew what my 7 mi course would be since I ran it Wednesday. I had lots of energy and felt great after. I am following my training program, honoring my rest/cross training days and not adding in any extra runs. After taking roughly a two week break from running due to either illness or tiredness, these last two weeks of running have been great. I’ve been faster and less tired. I’m only running about four times a week on this program, two longer days and two very short days, but it’s working and the long runs are not only becoming more tolerable they are flying by!

This afternoon I did a bit more shopping (expect a few shopping reports while I use up my birthday money/gift cards). I received a gift card to Sephora and did some online browsing before going to the store. I love make up. And all things bath related. And hair products. Basically, Sephora is a Mecca for me. After finding lots of cute holiday pallets I decided I would use my gift card for something I’ve been wanting—new perfume!


While I love Stella, I branched out and went with Calvin Klein Euphoria. Here’s what Sephora has to say about it:

Euphoria is about sexiness, fantasy, and being captivating. Sexy and sensual, euphoria speaks to the woman who has the urge to break free from everyday life - to provocatively be part of an exciting world filled with pleasure, surprise, and temptation. Her fragrance is a contrast between exotic fruits and seductive florals, for a rich, creamy, seductive signature.
Notes:
Pomegranate, Persimmon, Green Notes, Black Orchid, Lotus Blossom, Champaca Flower, Liquid Amber, Mahogany Wood, Black Violet, Cream Accord.
Style:
Confident. Sexy. Chic.


Oooh! Well I definitely need this to start off a new year!

The only downside of the weekend is my throat is killing me. If I don’t talk it’s fine, but I just had dinner with a friend and it’s still throbbing after our hour-long convo. It’s been like this a few days. I’m about to take some meds, drink some tea, and hope I wake up feeling a-ok.



Daily Training
Run: 7 mi

2 comments:

Running 365 said...

It sounds like your training is going really well!

Stephanie S. said...

Euphoria has been my fall/winter scent for the last couple of years. Love it.