Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Year in Review

January
We started 2009 with a low-key yet festive get together.




February
I spent a weekend in San Antonio enjoying culture and food.


March
I went to Turkey, acquiring my first stamps in my passport (and my passport picture is so fun!)


April
My family came to Waco during the Easter weekend, the same weekend the bluebonnets showed up.


May
Participated in Race for the Cure – Central Texas, and in doing so started running again…


And later that month ran the Astros Race for the Pennant 5K with my friends from Houston.


June
Floated the river for the first time(and can you believe it was freezing and raining)…



And reunion #1 of the year with Sirena!


July
Visited Mecca, I mean, the Shiner Brewery…


And saw the Terra Cotta Warriors.


August
Went a family vacay to Disney. You’re never too old to visit Mickey…


And donated my hair 9+ inches!


September
Participated in my first 10K!


October
Added another fabulous handmade costume to my collection, all made by Nana…


Ran Race for the Cure – Houston…


And saw U2.


November
Had a fabulous birthday dinner with friends to welcome me to 28….


Had reunion #2 with Sirena and our 8th grade slumber party…


And received much needed affirmation that I do indeed love teaching.


December
Played in the snow…


And celebrated the holidays with friends and family!


There were so many more good moments, and this year was very equally strange and freeing at the same time.  I'm OK with where I am, because I know it's a much better place than I was a year ago.  And I have such a clear sense of direction that I felt I have been lacking (or running away from) for so long.  I'm thankful for 2009, and excited for 2010!

1 comment:

rena said...

is it just me or is shea in TWO of your alice in wonderland pictures? maybe she's found her new calling? alice at disney? ;)