Saturday, January 2, 2010

"364 more days, 1 million chances left to find you and to see your face" ~Parachute Band

Well hello 2010!  I hope every had a fun time ringing in the New Year.  I spent the evening at the Omni with a few friends and later danced a bit downstairs in the Black Swan.  Very fun, but like most people I spent today resting.

Let's just talk about how I knew my dress was form-fitting, but it was getting tighter and tighter leading up to NYE!  I definitely enjoyed the holidays and used the excuse that it was too cold out to run like I should have.  I brought a back up dress with me that was cute, comfortable, and forgiving, but I wanted to wear my original dress!  Luckily I got it together the few days before NYE and the dress zipped without much fuss and I was comfortable!










So much fun!  Let's talk about how I don't know how to fix my all fancy, so for events like this I get on You Tube and search "create your own up do" and find instructional videos made by high school girls.  I used this video to help me out last night, though I pulled my hair back and not on the side.  When I have long hair again I'll do it like hers!

I'm down to 15 days until the half marathon!  I've decided that I need to really be good about my diet, and for me that means eating more meat.  Chicken breast tenders and the George Foreman are going to be besties for the next month or so.

I usually get my protein from dairy and beans, but really I'm not getting near as much as I need.  I track my calories, carbs, fiber, fat, and protein in an excell spreadsheet (I'll have to share that one day, I'm so proud of it) and have goals for each one.  I easily reach my goal for carbs, calories, and fiber, and often have very low fat and protein each day.  When I have been intentional about eating lean meat while I'm working out I always see much more muscle definition and have more energy throughout the day.

Are you surprised that I'm usually anemic when I try to give blood?  Nope.  I always have to plan when I'm going to give and make sure I eat meat a few days before.  And I'm usually rejected on my first attempt and have to crawl back two days later.  So sad.

Lastly, I have to share The List with you.  I look forward to this each year, and The Washington Post never fails to make me laugh and sometimes nod in agreement. 

1 comment:

Meredith said...

Love the NYE pictures! Your dress is beautiful.