Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Dear energy, where are you?

Oh! It's been rough getting back into routine.  Sunday night I tossed and turned all night, and when I woke up yesterday I felt like death.  I felt every minute pass throughout the day because I was that achingly tired.  I went to the gym to run, which I haven't been on a treadmill in months, and was aware of every step.  My goal was 5 mi but I only managed 3 mi.  I came home, ate, showered, and was asleep by 8:20.

I woke up this morning with crazy wavy hair since I fell asleep with it wet.  It hurt to even think about getting out of my warm bed and getting in the shower, so I just rocked it.  Today was a bit better, except it got crazy just before lunch and therefore I was unable to eat my lunch.  I managed to eat my yogurt during my last class and an apple after school.  Came home and ate some chicken vegetable soup sans chicken (why am I refusing to eat meat? ), watched the Biggest Loser, cried twice, and fell asleep during the weigh in.  Who went home?

I'm awake now, but don't worry.  I'm about to read a little Rachael Ray and go right back to sleep.  Lunch and treadmill are a must tomorrow.  Boo.  Well, boo to the treadmill, yay for lunch.

I don't want to start drinking tons of coffee again in the mornings, but I really do need an energy boost in the AM.  Any suggestions?


8 comments:

rena said...

what are you eating for bfast? protein might help, also what about green tea or something?

Vic said...

It helps me to drink tons of water during the day, like 2L, and no caffeine after 10 or 11 in the morning. I can't imagine my mornings without at least a little coffee though! Good luck; I think we all go through weeks of just sheer, unrelenting exhaustion. Could it be hormonal?

elisabeth said...

Try hot tea. Not quite as much caffeine as coffee but for me it seems to work better.

Sarah Beth said...

James went home on the Biggest Loser. He's lost 100 pounds in 2 months, dang!!! Gotta love that show!

TX Runner Mom said...

I agree with the protien. I usually feel a good bit more energetic when I have at least 20 gms of protein in the morning.

Melissa-D said...

I'm with you...I'm struggling too!

♥ jmo said...

Eat an apple with peanut butter in the morning. It seriously works wonders.

Meredith said...

Orange juice has a good bit of caffine in it. Try that! Are you getting enough sleep? I need 7-8 hours to function well.