Monday, January 18, 2010

Filling up my calendar



I have a race for April now!  I'll be running the Statesman Capitol 10K in Austin.  My aunt asked if I was interested in doing a race with her and gave me two possible options.  I decided the Cap 10K would be great since it's in Austin (and I always love an excuse to get there) and a 10K will be a welcomed change from back to back half marathons!

I also registered for the race thru the HEB Run Like a Girl program.  For $1 more (reg registration is $28) I am getting an extra cute tee with this logo:


Our new Run like a Girl program is a fun, new part of the Cap 10k. We want to bring women of all ages together to have a fun (50% FUN) and get healthier (50% RUN or WALK)! What better way to do it than with your mother, daughter, sister, aunt, cousin or BFF! Join H-E-B and the Cap 10K for this exciting new program and bring all your G-I-R-L-F-R-I-E-N-D-S! Come one, come all!

The program gives you the option of signing up for a training program (additional cost) or doing a Race Combo that includes this tee, entry into their tent after the race, and entry into the Statesman 10K.  Again, I'm paying the extra $1 for that shirt.  Look at that high heel!  I love it!

I've decided not to do the Zooma race because I wasn't interested in doing a half marathon or 20K relay with strangers.  I'm still keeping an eye out for a fun race for March, especially if I travel somewhere during spring break!

3 comments:

Vic said...

Fab! I am running the Cap 10K as well!

Meredith said...

I did the Statesman 10K last year! so fun :)

Tuulikki Titine said...

Hi Laura, I just received your January postcard from the BPS. Thank you. I already left a comment on the BPS blog before I had a look at your blogspot. The 1/2 marathon is done. Congratulations. I am impressed with so much energy. Best wishes, Hedy