Sunday, January 3, 2010

Fresh, clean start

But I have to get everything in order before that fresh, clean start can happen!

I got a bit behind on sending out my postcards for the BPS, and so today I went out and bought a few.  I always want to have the best, most local postcards to send to people but I haven't found time to go out and hunt for any.  As a result I missed sending my cards out for Nov. and Dec.  So sad!  Those folks are waiting for their cards!  OK, well I got it together, and I even bought a card to send out for February.  I'm back on track!



I also had to share my NYE polish that I sported.  I love it and still have it on!  I was looking for a gold polish that wasn't too yellow or too glittery.  I actually found a polish by wetnwild called Shield.  I experiemented and found that you really only need one coat to get a subtle gold look.  Two coats looked a little muddy (on me).





And it was only $1.99!  Love it!  I topped it with about two clear coats  and it hasn't chipped at all.  Also, I had to cut my nails short, as they looked a little scary shiny and long.

I'm on the hunt for the perfect monthly planner.  I've been to Barnes and Noble, Target, and Wal-Mart today, and decided on the Moleskine.  When I went to BN earlier they only had the XL one, and I want the L.  On BN.com there's a "Pick me up" section you can enter your zip code at, and then they will show all of the stores near you that have your item in stock.  After you enter your email (or even your cell number if you want to receive a text) you are notified when the store has placed the item at the front of the store for you.  So my planner is waiting right now for me to pick it up!  I love it!


Only a few hours left of break, and I need to lesson plan, grade, and watch Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King.  TBS has shown each movie of the trilogy this weekend, and tell me why I've tuned in to watch each one?  I don't know.  I love sequels and trilogies.

3 comments:

Meredith said...

I really like the nail polish! It is very classy. I would DIE without my planner. It keeps me organized and calm.

rena said...

Love the polish! I was so sad the one I loved for everyday was discontinued but my mani/pedi place saved me and they had a few [new] bottles so I made them sell it to me. Also, love your planner, mine is pink and sparkly, probably not so "I'm almost 28 years old" but oh well. I do love those Moleskinne ones!

sebower said...

you should check out "hollywood blonde" by OPI...it's my fav gold polish because it's not too glittery, more like shimmery. It's more expensive, but sometimes a little splurge is needed. :) I hope you're doing well!