Saturday, January 16, 2010

Full preparation mode


We made it to the expo and got our bib numbers and t-shirts.  It wasn't too crowded, so we were able to maneuver through the aisles quickly and snag our freebies.  I was sad that the LARABAR stand was closed (or cleaned out!), but I did get a sample of some cherry juice and a packet of dried cherries.  Score!  I passed on all the samples of Cliff Bars and shots of protein drinks.   My other favorite thing to grab was a magnet for the Austin Marathon.  I'm so excited about that race!

I also picked up a SPI Belt at the expo.  I wanted a crazy color, but went with black w/ a hot pink zipper.  I've been running around my house with it on and it really isn't moving.  So happy I won't have to worry about my phone or keys now!


I grabbed 3 packs of Goo.  I'm only taking one, but I've never used Goo before.  I know.  Why am I trying it tomorrow--I hope it doesn't kill me.  I bought Vanilla, Tri-Berry and Chocolate.  Have you tried any of these?  Any favorites?  I'm leaning towards the berry for tomorrow.



We went to Olive Garden tonight for dinner and I had the Shrimp Primavera with wheat pasta. It had a spicy marinara sauce and shrimp, and big pieces of bellpepper, onion, and mushrooms.  It was so good and not at all heavy or gross.



We stopped by Target on the way home to get our breakfast essentials.  I've been on an oatmeal kick, but an english muffin with peanut butter is my race day food of choice.  All that's left to do is lay out my outfit, bib, SPI Belt, paint my fingernails, and upload music onto my iPod.  Then sleep!  I'm terrible about falling asleep at a decent hour before races--I guess I'm so excited--but I'm planning on leaving my house around 5:20 a.m., and I need a good hour before that to process my life (aka wake up) and eat breakfast.  Yeah, I need to be in bed in about an hour!

Good luck to everyone running tomorrow!!!

1 comment:

rena said...

i love that on your things to do list was paint your fingernails! and I didn't know you were running the ARAMCO one! Way to represent for the parentals' old company! Awesome to you! and Congrats again!