Sunday, February 7, 2010

New Reading Material

I've decided not to renew my Rachael Ray magazine subscription.  While I love browsing through it, I never make anything.  Most of the recipes do not fit my lifestyle because 1. I don't love meat, or 2. I am concerned about nutritional value, and there usually aren't too many super healthy recipes in there.  There are some, but not enough.

So I'm on the hunt for a new foodie magazine.  These are the ones I'm considering so far:

Cooking Light, $15 for 1 year (12 issues)



Eating Well, $14.95 for 1 year (6 issues, eeek!)


Vegetarian Times, $14.95 for 1 year (11 issues)


Healthy Cooking, $12.98 for 1 year (7 issues)


Any thoughts on these?  Do you have some other healthy magazine favorites?  I think I'm leaning towards Cooking Light or Vegetarian Times.

3 comments:

rena said...

chris got me RR for our anniversary, and so far i've found some good sounding things, but find a recipe not involving cheese or pasta, good luck! i'm trying to make the "healthier" recipes.

i would go for cooking light or the taste of home one, i love the taste of home cookbooks and their magazines too!

random, but my word verification is "boobetoo"...yeah, i know

Melissa-D said...

We get Cooking Light, and I love it! I don't know too much about the others though.

Meredith said...

I really like Cooking Light. I had the subscription during 2009. I, of course, kept all copies so I have tons of recipes. I also love their cookbooks.