Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Ready for another half?

I wasn't lying when I said I am addicted to the half.  I may have been crazy and angry on those Austin hills, but you know that night I was already planning on going for it again.

And then I remembered the Bearathon.


The Bearathon is a half marathon put on by my alma mater, Baylor University.  It's nicknamed the Toughest Half in Texas because a good bit of it takes place in super hilly Cameron Park.  Cameron Park has great trails, and moutain bikers love to come and test it out because it's so challenging.

And I'm thinking about running through it?  Yes.

It's on March 20, so I'll have about 30 days to train.  This is about the same amount of time between the Houston and Austin half.  I'll for sure have to do bridge runs, at least three, if I decide to do it.

I have until the 26th of Feb to decide...

I really want to find a race for March!  omg, I have a feeling I'm doing this race.  This is both exciting and scary...

5 comments:

rena said...

Sic 'em bears!

Vic said...

Dang! Get it girl! I hear the Bearathon is seriously hard but I know you can do it!

Kevin said...

Nice job out there... Austin is very hilly and you hung in...

Melissa-D said...

You should do it!!

Laura said...

I bet they have super cute shirts! Plus you get a medal when you finish and a finisher's shirt! I'm all about doing it with you next year! I've got to up my endurance first!