However, when I got to the store I saw a lovely butternut squash and thought a veggie pot pie sounded better :)
• 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for brushing
• 1 small onion, finely chopped
• 2 stalks celery, halved lengthwise and cut into 1/4-inch pieces (+1)
• 1 large carrot, peeled, quartered lengthwise and cut into 1/4-inch pieces (used baby carrots and chopped them)
• Salt and pepper (+ marjoram & thyme)
• One 8-ounce container sliced mushrooms (+4 oz)
• 2 tablespoons flour (+1)
• 3/4 cup heavy cream (substituted 1 c. of veggie stock)
• 1 store-bought rotisserie chicken, meat torn into 1/2-inch pieces (about 4 cups) (substituted 1 butternut squash and 3 baby zucchinis)
• 2 tablespoons finely chopped flat-leaf parsley, plus more for sprinkling
• 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese, plus 2 tablespoons for sprinkling (omitted, but that sounds good!)
• Six to eight 1/2-inch-thick slices Italian bread (40 cal sliced bread)
(For the original directions follow the link, I’m going to tell you what I did)
1. In a large pan, sauté onion, carrots and celery in EVOO on medium-high heat.
2. Add chopped squash and mushrooms, and sprinkle flour and spices on top. Mix well. Pour veggie stock in; reduce to medium heat and cover for 15 minutes)
3. If mixture is too dry, add stock. If too wet, uncover and lower heat until some liquid is evaporated.
4. Toast bread and serve on the side as pictured, or cut into crouton-sized pieces and sprinkle on top.