Monday, March 29, 2010

Almond Milk Monday

Day 6 Menu

Breakfast:
1/2 c. each of oatmeal, water, and almond milk, and banana

Snack:
Apple

Lunch:
Salad: spring mix, mushrooms, carrots, olives, chickpeas, Annie's Naturals Lite Gingerly Vinaigrette

Dinner:
salad, 1 c. Amy's Curried Lentil Soup, olive tortilla chips

Snack:
banana & pb

I took the plunge yesterday and bought almond milk.  I wasn't very excited about trying it, but I must say the flavor is very mild, not at all like soy milk.  I bought the original and unsweetened chocolate, but I haven't gotten into to the chocolate one yet.



I wanted to change up my salad a bit and thought a lite dressing would be the way to go.  Annie's Naturals* has lots of dressings to choose from, and and I opted for the ginger vinaigrette since it was lower in fat and cals.

For dinner, I was too tired to cook so I opted for soup and salad.  I was surprised that the Curried Lentil soup had 230 calories per serving and 8 grams of fat.  It was good, but it really didn't taste much different than the other lentil or split pea soups, and I believe they are less in cals and fat.  I was expecting more curry flavor.

I'm still working on Jillian Michael's No More Trouble Zones.  Ay!  She kills me.  Thanks, Jill.  The plan is to get to bed early so I can run in the morning.  It's going to be dark, but if I can get a couple of miles in maybe I'll get that boost of energy I need from endorphins rather than coffee.

Oh, coffee.  I miss you.

*Now that I think about it, on the detox you're not supposed to have condiments, and I'm pretty sure there's sugar in that dressing.  As S would say, FAIL!  Oh well.

2 comments:

rena said...

it's ok to have fails once in awhile ;) so yes to the almond milk? i can't find it here, so i'll stick to rice.

balanceformere said...

NMTZ kills me! I like doing 3-4 circuits at one time and the rest later on in the day. I am so scared to try the whole DVD at once.