Monday, March 22, 2010

Detox Day 1

Well, this was not the week to do a detox!

My body is so not used to having to go, go, go all day long.  I overslept and today was a NEED CAFFEINE day.  I resisted, but I looked like I was in pain.  And I was.  My eyes were killing me because the lights seemed to bright, and everything was super noisy.  Ugh.  I'm going to go to bed early tonight and hopefully be ready to roll in the morn.

Also, I walk into the lounge and what do I see? CHOCOLATE CAKE!  Not only was it chocolate, but it was WEDDING CAKE! I true screamed.  I love wedding cake, and chocolate cake, so especially chocolate wedding cake.  The only thing better is chocolate birthday cake!  Again, I resisted and gnawed on my amazingly delicious and not-chocolately apple.

Day 1 Menu
Breakfast:
Oatmeal w/water, natural PB, banana

Snack:
Apple

Lunch:
Amy's Teriyaki Bowl

Snack:
Cucumbers w/lemon

Dinner:
Amy's Organic Split Pea Soup



Honestly, I never felt very hungry, but this afternoon I was really tired and ate my snack late and then got super hungry as soon as I came home.  The teriyaki bowl I had for lunch was so good!  I had never had it.  Lots of nutty brown rice, though a little light on the veggies.  You could easily steam some more and add it to the bowl.  I have never had split pea soup before, and I was nervous.  I enjoyed it!  Thick and peppery, and about 200 calories for the whole can.

So Amy's is the best quick-fix meal for this detox.   All of their products are meat-free, so score.  I went online and made a list of foods that were both dairy and gluten free.  When I went to the store I used the list and stocked up.  At the particular store I went to last night they didn't have much to offer, but I still left with two frozen meals and three cans of soup.  Definitely not bad and perfect for a day like today when I'm feeling tired.

Here is a short list of Amy's Gluten/Dairy Free Meals‏:

Frozen Foods:
Light in Sodium Brown Rice & Veggies Bowl
Teriyaki Bowl
Brown Rice, Black-Eyed Peas & Veggies Bowl
Brown Rice & Vegetables Bowl
Baked Ziti Bowl
Black Bean Enchilada Whole Meal
Black Bean Tamale Verde
Roasted Vegetable Tamale
Bistro Burger
Indian Mattar Tofu
Indian Vegetable Korma


Canned Goods:
Organic Tuscan Bean & Rice Soup
Organic Black Bean Chili
Organic Medium Chili
Organic Medium Chili with Vegetables
Organic Spicy Chili
Southwestern Black Bean Chili
Curried Lentil Soup
Hearty Spanish Rice & Red Bean Soup
Organic Black Bean Vegetable Soup
Organic Chunky Vegetable Soup
Organic Fire Roasted Southwestern Vegetable Soup
Organic Lentil Soup
Organic Lentil Vegetable Soup
Organic Split Pea Soup
Thai Coconut Soup

My goal for tomorrow is to drink lots more water.  I'll taking my Nalgenes with me!

1 comment:

rena said...

I'm so glad you posted all of those Amy's meals (because I can actually find them here!!!) and I need gluten/dairy free lunches! Also, I like reading your meal plans for the day b/c I'm severely uninspired for lunch and I need gluten/dairy free ideas! Keep it up!