Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Detox Day 2

Day 2 Menu
Breakfast:
Oatmeal w/water, natural PB, banana (Oh, I'll be eating this all week!)

Snack:
Apple

Lunch:
Salad: spring mix, carrot matchsticks, 1/2 avacado, 1/2 lemon, a few pickle slices diced, small handful of chickpeas, broccoli, sunflower seeds

Snack:
banana and a few dry roasted peanuts

Dinner:
Same salad--It was so good!


My picture doesn't do my salad justice.  I love salad and I do not know why I have been neglecting it!  I think my body is going to love all of the fresh veggies I put in it today (Comet even discovered he loves chickpeas!  He's a very picky eater and the only human food he likes has been celery)

Once again, I woke up later than I had planned and it was hard getting out of bed.  My energy is low, low, low, and I know it's not because of the food I'm eating (I counted calories today and had about 1500).  I think my body is missing the sugar and caffeine.  I haven't been too mindful in the past of the sugar that sneaks into my snacks and meals...and desserts.  Maybe that's why I'm tired?  Who knows.  What I do know is I'm not feeling hungry, this hasn't been too hard, and I love knowing that I'm eating all good things.

Ok, back to the salad.  I went ahead and prepped some of my salad ingredients so they're easy to throw together.  The broccoli and celery are chopped and put in tupperware, as are the chickpeas which were drained and rinsed, and I bought the carrots cut already.  It truly take 2 mins to put my salad together!

Temptation #1 for today: I was in a meeting and they had a basket full of crackers and cookies, and a plate of small chocolates.  Ok, ordinarily I'd get the wheat crackers and 1-2 squares of chocolates, but I resisted.

Did I tell you I just got my order of Girl Scout cookies in this week? Temption #2.

No comments: