Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Detox Day 3

Day 3 Menu

Breakfast:
Oatmeal w/water, natural PB, banana, sliced almonds

Snack:
Apple

Lunch:
Salad & 1 c. Amy's Organic Lentil Soup

Snack:
banana (craving something sweet...like chocolate cake or chocolate chip cookies...or cookies'n'cream ice cream)

Dinner:
Roasted Veggies: Cauliflower, sweet potato, squash, zuchinni, onion, chickpeas w/ EVOO and sprinkled with garlic powder, Italian seasoning, S&P...served with fresh squeezed lemon

Again, I wasn't feeling crazy hungry today until I got home from work, but I think that's pretty normal for/a problem I need to work on.  My soup was so delish though!  Loving Amy's. 

As I was writing this blog I got a sweet tooth and thought, man, I cannot eat anything sweet right now!  My banana will have to do.

Does anyone know of any gluten-free vegan sites?

I looked for a few but those people were hardcore, like practically eating raw.  I need to look up more info on the detox I'm doing because I wonder if I can have natural sweeteners like honey or sorghum...probably not.  I guess I need to go restock my banana stash.

I've been drinking yummy flavored tea, Celestial Seasonings Fruit Tea Sampler.  Black Cherry Berry has been my favorite, but I'm slowly working through/enjoying all of them.  They're caffeine free, but...well, no but.  They taste good and I still feel like death in the morning!

I told everyone at work that I wasn't drinking caffeine this week, lest they think the reason I look like death is that I'm hungover or on drugs.  Someone asked if I had coffee in my mug this morning and one of my kiddos answered: She's not drinking caffeine, she's cleaning her body!

Thank you.

3 comments:

rena said...

I have a list on my home computer of gluten free blogs, I'll send to you. Also, I think vegans don't do honey b/c it's made from bees which are animals and since they don't eat food from animals it negates it? But I think you can find special honey - maybe. What about agave nectar? or is that also made from an animal slash insect?

Also thank you for your salad post, you inspired me and I haven't been so excited about lunch in awhile!!

Vic said...

You are so hardcore. What a cute thing for your student to say :)

april. said...

http://glutenfreegoddess.blogspot.com/

i like this one, there is a section for vegan. i have friends with weird allergies so this is helpful.