Monday, March 1, 2010

Vegetable and Spicy Sausage Soup

I am loving my Cooking Light magazine! I am definitely going to subscribe to it. I picked up ingredients to make three dishes this week from the March 2010 issue. Tonight (and for lunch and dinner for the next two days or so) I made Vegetable and Spicy Sausage Soup. I couldn’t find the recipe online to share, but this issue is full of great recipes so go pick it up!  This soup relies more on veggies (carrots, celery, zuchinni, onion) and calls for just 4 oz of sausage.  It also adds 1/3 c. half and half, and I used fat free Land O Lakes.  I liked how it made the soup a tad richer without being heavy.

The recipe calls for you to make parmesan crackers, but I opted to just sprinkle a little parm on top of my soup.

For dessert: M&Ms! I love leftover Valentine candy. It’s so pink!



Now I'm watching the season finale of the Bachelor (I don't watch the show, but like to watch the finales for some reason).  I'm watching most it on mute.  I'm so embarrassed and stressed out for these people.

No comments: