Monday, May 3, 2010

Humidity + Hair Miracle Worker

One of my favorite lines from Gossip Girl tonight:

"[He’s] the perfect mix of smart and fun. He speaks three languages, but he has a subscription to People Magazine."
Hello! They’re describing my future husband!

OK, back to bizz. My hair has been crazy here in H-town lately. I have been slicking it down with all sorts of serums to no avail. I have to stand in front of a projector screen most of the day and my shadow looks like Medusa, no lie. I decided that I needed to try out a cream-based product instead and guess what? Voila!

Thankyouverymuch Garnier Fructis Anti-Humidity Smoothing Milk. I apply a nickel-sized dollop to my hair, then spritz on some Fat Hair Thinking Spray and blow dry. Super thick and frizz-free hair! I either CHI or curl it after.

Now, it’s not rainproof. It starting misting outside the other day and I came back in the building looking like Little Ophan Annie, or her brown cousin. Shame.

4 comments:

rena said...

thanks for the help - i use a paul mitchell straightening serum which works well, but i have my garnier one sitting in austin - must remember to bring it back with me!

Vic said...

Fructis is just the best. I'll have to get some of this!

Running Pretty said...

I have ridiculously thick hair and use John Frieda Frizz-Ease..Once right after I get out of the shower when my hair is soaking wet and then again when Im straightening it. Believe me..I feel your pain..Im a Texas girl too!!

Anonymous said...

friend - thank you for writing. you are so funny, really! have updated myself and love that you posted your music faves and foodie bits and shoe bits. about the shoes, amen and amen. thanks for making us laugh - you are a gifted storyteller!!!! hugs, ceh