Saturday, May 1, 2010

New Music

Lots of posting this weekend to make up for my lack of the past week or two. I promise things have been going on: bridge runs, trail runs, hood runs, new shoes, and other shenanigans.

My status last night was, “Tonight's a dancing in your underwear to British pop kinda night.”

Mika helped with that! I sent out an S.O.S. a few days ago for new music suggestions, both singles and albums, and have to say I was quite pleased with three of the recommendations that came my way. I’ll put a *by the ones people suggested.

Any favorite singles or albums you’re listening to lately?

Rain by Mika
Love Mika, he's what got the dance party started last night. Think Abba + Freddie Mercury + sequins, fabulous heels, strobe lights and glitter confetti raining on you.

Rock That Body by Black Eyed Peas
I’ve been having a dance party in my car with this one.

*Your Hands by JJ Heller
Recommended by one of my most precious friends who is having a v. difficult year. This song reflects hardships and yet unwavering faith—which she totally exemplifies, yet is really hard for me to exhibit. Love you friend.

*Home by Edwards Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeroes
Oh yes! Think Bonanza, tumbleweeds, Marfa lights and artsy self-portraits. Is that a tambourine and whistling I hear?

*Gold Guns Girls by Metric
Adding this to my running playlist. This also makes for a good dancing in your underwear song, especially if you have a pair of legwarmers you could slip on. Take a listen and you’ll see what I mean.

1 comment:

rena said...

You know where you can find my music suggestions ;). But also, love Mika - Relax, Take It Easy and Grace Kelly are 2 of my favs.

Thanks for coming back to the blogging world!