Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Races!!

Let me tell you, this summer thing has me off.  However, today I got really excited looking at my calendar while checking out upcoming races.  I'm ready for fall! I still have lots of stuff happening this summer though.

This month I'll be participating in two 5Ks.  The first is the32nd Annual Lunar Rendezvous 5K.  This is part of The Bay Area Running Club's middle distance challenge (the second part of this race series will be the Toughest 10K, aka, Kemah Bridge run!)  I'm not too sure what to expect from this race, but I knew I was going to be participating the the latter part of this series and thought, what the heck!  Let's just do them both.

 
The next week I'll participate in the Dynamo Run for the Goal 5K.  The Dyanmo are Houston's soccer team, and since I've been so into soccer these last few weeks I thought this would be really fun. Plus, you get 2 tickets to a game!  I've never been to a soccer game, so I'm really excited about that little incentive.

Other races coming up that I'll hopefully be participating in:

Toughest 10K
Gruene 10K
Race for the Cure - Houston
La Porte By the Bay Half Marathon

While there are some races that I've previously participated in, I'm really hoping to find new fun runs.

1 comment:

Melissa-D said...

Fun!! I'm so ready to get back into running again!