Monday, June 7, 2010

Woke up this morning hungry for crepes...so we're driving to ATX for brunch. I love summer.

That was my Facebook status yesterday morning.  A friend of mine decided late Saturday night that he wanted to drive to Austin to check out Flip Happy Crepes.  It had been featured on Throwdown with Bobby Flay and my pal is a bit of a foodie so had to check it out.  And since I'm on summer break (!) I said sure! Let's do it!

I got my wake up call at 7 a.m. to confirm our road trip and we were off by 9 a.m. with Starbucks in hand (decaf for me...deets later).  Now, the night before when this plan was being concocted I mentioned how fabulous brunch at Moonshine was...and again, my foodie friend felt that he also needed to experience this while we were there.  I have since dubbed yesterday's adventure Biggie Smalls Style Sunday.  So we brunched, and it was delish as always, and then we had only 20 mins. to make it over to Flip Happy.  He literally parked and ran across the street.  As we were ordering they placed the "Closed" sign on the window.  Score!


Now let me tell you, I'm over here looking for a building...maybe a cute old converted house...no.  Straight up silver bullet trailer.  We ordered and then grabbed a seat at the cutest picnic table we could find.

The goods
Left: Tarragon mushroom, goat cheese, caramelized onion, spinach, tomato, chives

Right: Whipped peanut butter w/ dark chocolate sauce, bananas and almonds
Not going to lie, they were both amazing!  That savory crepe was out of this world and the sweet one was tasty, but definitely meant to be shared.  I only had a few bites and then turned it over to the eating machine.

Best part of random road trips? Impromptu reunions!  C was able to meet us for brunch and our crepe adventure. 
C > Moonshine brunch + crepes



This is just my Click it or ticket campaign photo.  Feel free to use it, Texas DPS.

Flip Happy Crepes
400 Jessie Street Austin ,TX 78704
Monday - Closed
Tuesday - Closed
Wednesday - 10:00am - 2:30pm
Thursday - 10:00am - 2:30pm
Friday - 10:00am - 2:30pm
Saturday 9:00am - 3:00pm
Sunday 10:00am - :2:00pm

3 comments:

Ashley said...

Hi! Just stumbled onto your blog because of the crepe posting. Those crepes look delicious! Would you consider submitting this review of Flip Happy Crepes to my creperie review page ? If so, I’ll happily post a link to your blog! Thanks!

"L" said...

Sure! What a fun blog!

Vic said...

What an amazing impromptu trip! Now I'm thinking I need to do the same thing before leaving ATX!!