Monday, June 14, 2010

World Cup!

I'm not an avid soccer watcher, but I'm a social soccer watcher!  What better way to fill the days for the next month than watching international hotties every morning when I wake up and spend my weekends at watch parties!

Saturday I met up with folks at Sawyer Park to watch USA vs. England.


Note to self: Show up EARLY if you're planning on going here during the weekends.  We were running late and got to Sawyer Park at 1:25 p.m. and had to spend almost 30 mins in line waiting to get in.  Can you see me?

There I am!  Next to the guy wearing manpris (which I don't have a problem with)

We ended up on the roof patio and it was so incredibly crowded that it was hard to move.  I have to say though it was still fun.  The more the merrier when it comes to stuff like this, right?



Another reason why I'm willing to put up the crowds at Sawyer Park--the view!    I'm a sucker for skylines.


I ran out to Wal-Mart to buy a USA shirt that morning.  I knew they would have a lot since it's almost 4th of July time.  It does not matter that the screenprint was flaking off as my awesome beads rubbed against it, it was $3 and I was festive!  I am scared to wash it though...

Oh, and they set up a soccer area in the parking lot.  Random, but entertaining, especially when people's chanklas were flying all over the place.
All pics were captured by my friend Carmen

Are you watching World Cup?

Sawyer Park
2412 Washington Ave
Houston, TX‎  77007
(713) 863-9350‎

No comments: