Monday, July 26, 2010

Dry Comal Creek Vineyards

Last week a few friends and I decided to take a roadtrip to visit The Salt Lick (amazing BBQ in Driftwood, just south of ATX).  Since we were already in roadtrip mode we kept the party going and headed south to New Braunfels to check out Dry Comal Creek, the producer of one of our favorite wines.

We first came across Dry Comal Creek last summer when we bought a bottle in Gruene and sipped it while we enjoyed some music (Comal Red).  Ever since we're always on the lookout at stores to find a bottle.



The guys realized how they came up with their name: literally this part of the Comal river is DRY!

For $15 we tried every single wine.  The woman pouring our samples was very knowledgeable and fun (though we did feel a bit rushed--I think she was just excited).  Even though I'm not a huge white fan, their white wines were my favorite out of our tasting!  Their bone- dry sparkling wine was also tasty.

Yes, we tried each.one.of.these!

We even got to sample the sangria they made.  It was slushy and sans fruit, but super tasty.  We each had a glass and then enjoyed the White-Black Spanish out in the backyard.

They even gave us the super simple recipe for the sangria!  I'll be making it soon and will share the recipe then.  I'm serious, sangria is good ,but it can be expensive--not this one!

Look!  Matching roosters! Now I know where they got the inspiration for their logo!

Such a fun day, and since I was filling extra silly I had to see if I would fit inside of a wine barrel.
Almost in...
Pefect fit!

If you visit the river, Gruene, or Schlitterbahn make the effort to visit this winery.  They also host tons of events throughout the year, including a few runs!!!

Dry Comal Creek Vineyards
1741 Herbelin Road
New Braunfels, TX 78132
(830) 885-4076

1 comment:

♥ jmo said...

I just realized you had somehow fallen out of my reader even though I've been following you... SAD! I think I've got it fixed now though... fingers crossed.