Thursday, July 15, 2010

Run, Run, Run

Alright, lots of races coming up!  I have one coming up this Saturday, one the following Saturday, and I tonight I registered for the Galveston Sand Crab Nighttime Beach Run, which is going down in 5 weeks.

I spent a little time creating a training schedule for me to follow unitl then (I love making lists/charts)


Click the pic for a closer look

The goal is not only to be prepared to run 6 miles in the sand, but to also get myself back into these bad boys:


Oh yes, those my "skinny jeans" hanging there on my door.  These are my most unforgiving jeans because they have very little stretch, but they are also one of my favorite pair.  They've never been baggy, but they were comfortable and were once in heavy rotation.  They are now, however, incredibly snug in the thighs, hips, and midsection.  They went from being uncomfortable to wear to straight up unflattering, and are no longer in the jeans rotation! 

I debated signing up for the 5K since I've never ran in sand before and I'm pretty sure it's going to be a challenge, but then I remembered these jeans and totally signed up for the 10K.  I'm hoping to see/feel a difference in a few weeks.

And yes, those jeans will be hanging out on my door until then so I can frequently try them on and gauge my progess!

No comments: