Sunday, August 29, 2010

Back to School!

I feel like the past two weeks have been a blur!  Between planning my high school reunion and getting my classroom ready there haven't been enough hours in the day and sleep has been minimal.  I'm happy to say that today has been a relaxing Sunday and I'm ready to start this next week.

I am returning to my same school and classroom this year.  It's been great to start the year off with kiddos instead of coming in mid-year.  I've been working on my room and I'm sure it will be a work in progress as I continue to gather up everything I've had my eye on (sidenote: a shopaholic + an empty classroom = dangerous situation!)

All I can say is that I'm so, soo, sooo excited about this year. 

And my sweet family sent me these gorgeous "Frist Day of School" flowers!  I've decided that fresh flowers will need to be in my classroom every few weeks because they really do make that space feel calming and special.  It's been a while since I've received flowers--I forgot how special they make you feel!


Just a little preview of my room, I'll post more later.  Yes, tons of Baylor stuff--the students LOVE talking about college and it makes me so happy that College Week is actually part of my curriculum.  Sic'em Bears!

No comments: