Thursday, November 25, 2010

7 Miles of Thanks

I now know why they have Turkey Trots before you eat. I thought I ate really well today but clearly I didn’t wait long enough to digest it all before I ran. I was in some serious stomach pain for most of my run today.

My family was in a healthful mood this Thanksgiving and we did a great job of bring lots of veggies to eat. The menu: Turkey & dressing (obvs), cranberry salsa, roasted root veggies, chipotle mashed sweet potatoes, wheat rolls, fruit salad, garlic broccoli, and cheese broccoli casserole. Gots to have the casserole.

Pumpkin pie always tastes better to me the next day :)

Again, I’m thankful for my Brooks shoes. I thought it was going to rain so I put my old Motos on and was immediately in pain from the heaviness and how restrictive they now feel. I was forced to run the first 3.5 mi loop in them. When I switched I felt like I was running on clouds.

I’m also thankful for my family who love me unconditionally and daily exhibit generosity. They straight up passed a pumpkin pie over the fence to the neighbors.

No comments: