Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Cranberry Salsa

My friend S sent me this holiday salsa recipe this afternoon, which she got from her mother-in-law (who makes tasty dishes!)  I love knowing that S is sharing this dish with her friends across the sea in Bahrain and I'm serving it up stateside in Houston.  I'm thankful for college roommates who are still your besties 10 years later.

As per her mother-in-law's instructions:

1 pkg fresh Cranberries - rinsed and chopped
1 cup Cilantro
1/2 cup Sugar (don't reduce - you need it to counter the tartness of the berries)***
1 bunch (4 or 5) Green Onions
1 or 2 fresh Jalapenos
Juice from 1 Lime (about 2 tbsp.)
1 tbsp. Olive Oil
Chop all ingredients, mix and chill for at least 2 hours to blend flavors.

I put everything in my tiny food processor, except the onions which had to be sliced (green onions in the food processor = slimy mess = kitchen fail)

It made enough to be divided into two Tupperware containers, which is perfect for the two Thanksgiving dinners I'll be attending.  I'll serve it with tortilla chips.


***I thought this salsa was tasty but super sweet!  I ended up using it as cranberry sauce.  I suggest starting with 1 tbsp of sugar and adding to your likeness.

1 comment:

april. said...

i am making this tonight for a gathering i am headed to. i am low on $$, but my friends have some leftover cranberries from yesterday that they have passed onto me - so this recipe will be super cheap and sounds super yummy. thanks!